Handy tips that will help you quicken the GadgetShieldz application procedure :
- After aligning the film correctly and squeezing out most of the excess moisture, you might find some edges or corner flaps still extended or unsettled. Wrap them on the device and press them against the device using the center of your palm for 45-60 secs. Ensure that you have secured one corner area before moving onto another. We highly recommend the palming technique as this would speed up things immensely.
- You can use a hair dryer on the lowest and coolest setting and blow dry the Gadgetshieldz immediately after aligning it correctly. This step is just to speed up the drying time allowing you to quickly work on the corners and side flaps for them to stick down.
- Alignment is the most important part of the installation as it would ‘blend’ your Gadgetshieldz with the device giving it a perfect seamless look. Start aligning the top first, then the sides and finally the bottom. You can keep any of the cutouts (for instance, holes for camera or flash) in the shield aligned as the reference point and then start aligning rest of the skin. There’s no harm in checking the alignment after each and every little adjustment in placement of the Gadgetshieldz, following this even when you are squeezing out the solution as the Gadgetshieldz might move during this procedure. For smaller pieces, use your fingers to squeeze out the solution.
- Adding a little extra soap (1-2 drops) than normal can make the alignment job easier if you don't have any prior experience of installing GadgetShieldz. Extra soap ensures that you can slide around the skin quite freely on the device for the perfect alignment and also ensures that there are lesser bubbles. But it also means that you will have to wait longer till the film dries out and stops moving before you can squeeze out the excess solution and press it down. Side flaps and corners may become more challenging and take longer to stick down. So work out the trade-off and mix up the solution as per your prior expertise in installing these skins.
- Secure all the edges of the shield(s) (even if they seem settled down) by pressing them against the device for 45-60 secs using your thumb or palm. Missing this step might make some parts of the skin pop up again and eventually collect dust.
- Don’t remove any piece if it has set for a period of more than 4-5 minutes. If you do need to take out any particular piece for re-installing before this period, wet your fingers and take it out carefully so that you don’t stretch it and then wet the sticky side again before laying and aligning it.